Wednesday, April 22, 2009

shoe crush of the day

Thick banded heels and wedges

In my efforts to find a savvy summer shoe, I've discovered a trend I like: thick or wide banding (or straps...I guess) on sandals, wedges, pumps....and pretty much any shoe. It's definitely closely-related to the gladiator look, but it's a little more streamlined and a little less masculine. Plus, I think these shoes have a higher chance of lasting through more seasons without going out of style, which is always something to think about when making a shoe purchase. Here are some of my favorites:

my fave, lovely Fendi Back-Zip Sandals at saks, $640






Modern Vintage Women's Ananise Platform Ankle Strap Sandal at endless.com, $275
($25 of $100 of certain shoes at Endless.com! Search "springevent" on their site for qualifying shoes.





Gee Wawa Women's Gambit Heeled Bootie Sandal at amazon.com, $277.95





Lawrence by nine west, $59.99


Love them all! I tried to include something for most price ranges. What do you think....like the trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment